Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ii week

Ii is for Saint Ignatius and Blessed Imelda
We listened to the Glory Stories Blessed Imelda.  Now that I moved all of our school stuff in one room---our schoolroom---I am able to find lots of supplemental materials that were once tucked away.  I can't tell you how happy I am about having all our school stuff in one place!!!
___________________________________________________
Ii is for I'm Sorry
As a springboard using the wonderful alphabet virtue coloring sheets from Pondered In My Heart, we did a lesson on forgiveness.  The first picture are Princess' puppets for the story of the Prodigal Son.  Next we read stories about forgiveness in Devotional Stories for Little Folks.   I would like to incorporate a virtue study using both the coloring sheets and Devotional Stoires for Little Folks.  In the back of the book is a topical index to indicate which stories would work well with a particular virtue. 
________________________________________________
Ii is for Insects

We did a mini unit on insects for Ii week and created a notebook for Insects.  Currently it is 20 degrees outside so not too many bugs to go outside and see, however, come the spring I'm sure we'll fill the notebook and then some!

1 comment:

mel said...

Hehe..I like her little head stuck in all the pictures. :)
We have that coloring book and cd! This is what I need to do, go through all the junk I've been collecting over the years and see what alphabet week I can tack them into.