Spring has sprung finally! It's been a long winter for most about everyone and the signs of spring are very evidents. We are doing a mini unit on flowers. A couple of the basic things covered include:
- Flower Identification (Daffodils, Tulips, Roses, Iris, Lily, Morining Glories, Pansies, Poppies Sunflowers, Zinnias)
- How flowers grow (Seeds, Water, Sunlight, etc.)
- Parts of the flower (Roots, Stem, Leaves, Flower)
Books we're reading to help supplement include:
- Flower Garden by Eve Bunting
- Fluffy Grows a Garden by Kate McMullan
- The Tiny Seed by Eric Carle
- Muncha! Muncha! Muncha! by G. Brian Karas
- How Many Seeds in a Pumpkin? G. Brian Karas
- Holly Bloom's Garden by Sarah Ashman
- Flowers and Showers A Spring Counting Book by Rebecca Davis
- Lucy's Secret by Mireille Levert
- Allison's Zinnia by Anita Lobel
- The Complete Book of the Flower Fairies by Cicely Mary Barker
- Bumblebee, Bumblebee, Do You Know Me? by Anne Rockwell
We will include several arts and crafts as well as science projects, too. I will post each as we complete them.
This unit will also compliment Mother's Day as well.
Attatched is a picture of the kiddos from this morning enjoying the tulips.