Tuesday, August 23, 2011

2011-2012 Curriculum





Princess/2nd Grade









Phonics: Explode the Code
books 5 and 6


Spelling: CHC



Writing: CHC









Unit Study: Around the World













Big Boy Preschool/Kindergarten




Math: Various Math Games, Montessori, and living math books. Although he's wanted to do Math U See for a while. I will probably use the Primer loosely with him.



Phonics: Continue with Starfall, Before the Code A,B,C, and Montessori movable alphabet.




Writing: He really wants to learn how to write this year--huge, huge goal of his. How can I deny a kid so eager to learn? We'll introduce each letter corresponding with what letter we're on with Bible ABC's book. We'll use play dough letter mats, Handwriting without tears manipulative, and Little Folks Letter Practice and Little Folks Number Practice.


Science: Wonders of the Animal Kingdom with Princess.



Unit Study: Around the World



Religion: Celebrating the Liturgical Year, While Princess is preparing for first Communion I linked up with Who Am I series. Years ago when Princess used this book series, I created lapbooks for each chapter. I've added to them over the years to include various other materials.


Foreign Language: De Colores CD and Songbook.



Little Bear/ Tot School



Seriously, I'm finding I need to have a few things for her to do as well. She gets extremely upset if she is not included in our studies. Did I mention she thinks she's turning 5 on her next birthday. Let me remind you she just turned two! Along with the usual tot type of activities we're going to try a few tot packs and create sensory bins to go with each theme.

No comments: