Friday, February 5, 2010

They're Playing Our Song

Erin over at Growing With My Girls recently shared what her and her husband's song was and the story surrounding it in the post They're Playing Our Song.  She invited others to share what their song is.  I was going to comment, but the story behind "Our" song is something worth saving on my blog as I've never committed it to writing and it's quite humorous at that...

Up until our wedding day in July of 1998 when asked the question, "So what's your song?"  The answer would've been Good Things by the Bodeans.  This is what my husband and I were to dance to for the traditional first dance.  A little quirky I know, but we had seen them in concert so much and loved this song.


However, DJ Tony, screwed up big time and played this song...


You all laughing?  I know we were when it happened.  This was several before BEFORE the Wedding Singer came out, but when that Adam Sandler movie came out, well everyone thought we must have had Adam Sandler at our wedding for him to get the idea...


So after our wedding day, when asked what "Our" Song is, we smile and tell them, "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?"

2 comments:

Erin said...

You should sue the makers of the movie for stealing your idea, lol!!

mel said...

heehee...I love that movie. Cute story! My mom took a lot of ribbing for having "Be Not Afraid" as one of the songs at her wedding mass. :)