Monday, July 13, 2009

Princess #2 is finally here!



Princess #2 finally made her appearance on Monday June 29th at 1:48pm measuring at 21inches and 8 pounds 11 ounces. Here are a few highlights from her birth...I felt something start happening on Saturday afternoon. I wasn't sure if I had overdone it or if it was the start of labor. After drinking some water, eating, and resting, I decided it would be best if the kiddos went over to my parent's house for the night. On Sunday I woke up and started having pre labor cramping/contractions. They lasted all day and kinda puttered and sputtered through the day. I knew from my first labor to conserve my energy as this was the same slow labor I had with Princess #1. Through out Sunday night my contractions finally started getting stronger and longer, but still spaced apart. So I decided to try to get as much rest as possible. On Monday morning we decided to head out to the hospital, but before heading into the hospital I wanted to stop at an adoration chapel next to the hospital. Dh and I walked in the chapel and morning mass just started. We stayed for mass and during prayers of the faithful we were able to request prayers for a safe and healthy birth. It really was very uplifting to go to mass, receive communion and had a chapel full of people praying for us. After mass my contractions stopped. I told Dh we really should hustle and get to the hospital and thankfully I did. After getting checked in, I was 9cm dilated with my bag of waters simply hanging down! After the doctor broke my water I went straight into transition and that was lovely (NOT!) Transition lasted a longtime and I was very uncomfortable to say the least. I wanted to get into the labor tub, but it was being used by a lady that wound up getting an epidural. I could've really used the labor tub, but oh well. Finally, I had the urge to push and shortly there after Princess #2 was born.

2 comments:

kori said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations.

mel said...

Oh, she's so sweet and soft looking! :)
Congratulations!