Monday, April 6, 2009

Holy Week 2009




Blessed Holy Week to everyone. For the past few weeks we've been reading Benjamin's Box and using the corresponding resurrection eggs. The kiddos have loved reading this story and having something to touch and feel. It helps them to really understand the story of Holy Week.

To dovetail this, we made a resurrection table. On the table it includes the palms we got on Palm Sunday, a donkey and a palm tree. Princess wanted to know what a palm tree looked like. LOL! For Holy Thursday we included a plate and cup with bread and a picture of the last supper. And a small bowl with a cloth to symbolize the washing of the feet. For Good Friday I have a statue I inherited from my Grandma depicting the crucifiction. For Holy Saturday we made a tomb with a moveable stone to be opened on Easter.

2 comments:

Lacy @ Catholic Icing said...

Ooh! I love these ideas! How sad is it that I haven't set up our table for lent yet. I really wanted to post pictures of it today, but I didn't clean the dining room yet. Lol! Oh, well!

Anonymous said...

wow i love your lent table mine is so plain http://throughtheeyesofchildren.wordpress.com/2010/03/24/our-lent-table/