Sunday, September 15, 2013

A Mid September Daybook

Outside my window...it is rainy, rainy, and rainy.  It was 90 degrees last week.  This week cold, blustery, and rainy.  Fall is definitely in the air.

I am thankful for...the privilege to home school my children.  

In the kitchen...a fall menu plan.  One that includes lots of healthy crock pot meals.  We are out of the house quite a bit this fall and I am finding having a menu plan in place makes things run that much smoother.

I am wearing...yoga pants and a fleece.  It's cold!

I am creating...a list of field trips for the kids.  Gotta include apple picking, pumpkin picking, hayrides, corn mazes, and everything fall.

I am reading...You Can Teach Your Children Successfully by Ruth Beechick.  This book is for grades 4th-8th.  I do enjoy her style and realistic view of children. 

I am looking forward to...the busy of the fall with the flurry of activities.  We took the summer off of outside obligations to reconnect back up as a family.  It was great to rejuvenate to truly enjoy the fall busy schedule.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Irish dance, soccer practice, piano, religious ed, soccer games, and a few other meet ups with friends. 

A peek into my day...


No comments: